The bidding for this auction takes place online only
The rugs may be viewed by appointment at our Richmond, Virginia gallery. All rugs are offered and sold through The Rug Life LLC (Hereinafter “TRL”) shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions below. By bidding at the auction, the Purchaser agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. All items are sold as-is. All sales are final. No returns. No exceptions.
2. A 25% Purchaser’s premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold.
3. All items are sold as-is, where-is. We do our best to describe the items; our descriptions are no way to be interpreted as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition and materials.
4. Shipping and insurance are the responsibility of the purchaser. Purchase is not contingent upon shipping costs. You must be aware of the shipping costs before you bid on an item.
5. No statements made at the sale, on the invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed as such a representation or warranty or be subject to liability. All weights and measurements are approximate.
6. All estimates or appraisals of value, as might be listed at the auction or elsewhere, are statements of opinion as to the range of the price a willing Purchaser might pay for the rug at auction. The actual price paid at auction or subsequently, may vary substantially from the estimates. TRL shall not be liable for any such differential.
7. All appraisals obtained by TRL are estimates of insurance replacement value only and are a qualified opinion only. The actual price paid at auction or subsequently, may vary substantially from the appraisals. TRL shall not be liable for any such differential.
8. Some lots in the sale may be subject to a reserve. The reserve is a confidential minimum price.
9. All rugs are sold to the highest bidder. The auctioneer has the right to not accept any bid. Bidding may be reopened at the auctioneer’s discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any rug and to reoffer the rug at another time.
10. All rugs purchased from TRL must be paid in full within 5 days after the auction date. If the invoice is not paid within 5 days after the auction, TRL may, at its own discretion, consider the sale void.
11. All rugs purchased from TRL must be removed within 7 days after the auction date. Rugs left after 7 days will incur a $10/day storage fee per item.
12. All rugs not being picked up at our Richmond, Virginia Gallery, can be shipped by companies from our suggested list of shippers. TRL will charge a $20.00 fee to package each rug and deliver it to your choice of shipper. Purchaser must contact the shipping company directly after the auction to arrange shipment and payment for shipping.
13. TRL strives to deliver all rugs in a clean condition to the winning bidder. TRL cleans many of these rugs at their facility. While TRL does a more than adequate job of cleaning these rugs, TRL will not be able to get any rug 100% clean, nor will it be able to remove every stain or blemish. TRL predominantly auctions pre-owned rugs, and there is to be an expected amount of wear, abrash and minor staining.
14. Shipping, insurance packaging and handling of purchased lots is at the risk and expense of the purchaser. TRL shall not, under any circumstances, be liable for the loss, theft or damage to rug(s), including, but not limited to selection of shipper, the acts or omissions of any shipper or the acts or omissions occurring in packing for shipment.
15. Payments accepted; – Cash (in house only) – Credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express & Discover) – Paypal, Wire Transfer, Money order and/or Certified check.
16. Any right of the purchaser under this agreement or under the law shall not be assignable and shall be enforceable only by the original purchaser and not by any subsequent owner or any person who shall subsequently acquire any interest. No purchaser shall be entitled to any remedy, relief or damages beyond return of the property, rescission of the sale and refund of the purchase price; and without limitation, no purchaser shall be entitled to damages of any kind.
17. All paid rugs left over 21 days will be considered abandoned, and no refunds will be issued by TRL.
18. If a Purchaser fails to pay for a purchased rug, or otherwise does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Purchaser shall be in default. In addition to all remedies available in law, the Purchaser shall be liable for the entire Purchase price. Additionally, at the option of TRL, TRL may either cancel the sale and retain all payments made by Purchaser as well as retain any and all items(s) of Purchaser in our possession as security against payment of the sums in default, and/or we may re-offer the rug(s) for sale, at auction or privately, without reserve. Purchaser shall be liable to us for the additional fees, commissions and costs on both sales (including handling, storage and court costs and attorney’s fees) resulting from the cancellation or resale of the rug(s) and in the event of resale, and any deficiency which may result.
19. Modification: No modification or amendment of these Terms and Conditions shall bind TRL unless contained in a writing signed by TRL, except as may be posted, published or verbally announced at time of sale.
20. Successors and Assigns: These Terms and Conditions shall be binding on all the heirs and assigns of the Purchasers and inure to the benefit of TRL’s successors and assigns.
21. Jurisdiction, Venue, Choice of Law: Dispute resolution shall occur in Henrico County, VA, USA. The provisions of the Terms and Conditions will be construed, and disputes determined by application of Commonwealth of Virginia Law, without regard to conflicts of law.
22. Notice, Service of Process: Purchasers agree to accept all notices and service of process relating to dispute resolution at the address provided by Purchaser on any registration forms required to be executed as a condition of bidding in our auction.
Once payment has been made, The Rug Life LLC (Hereinafter “TRL”) will package and deliver your purchased item to one of the following shippers for a flat fee of $20.00. Purchaser must contact the shipping company directly after the auction to arrange shipment, and payment for shipping. We recommend;
The UPS Store – 10286 Staples Mill Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060-3064 – (804) 755-4877 – firstname.lastname@example.org
FEDEX – 8800 Staples Mill Road, Richmond, VA 23228 – (804) 261-2103